Inspects products manufactured to ensure compliance with customer specifications by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs start-up inspections, in-process inspections and inspects to an AQL. Assist in coordination of non-conforming product investigations and corrective actions.
- Verify that in-process inspection is being performed. Conduct quality inspections in packaging department, print room and on molding room floor.
- Verify that manufacturing and quality related records are being maintained accurately including inspection records and testing records. Complete required documentation.
- Must have competence and manual dexterity to use micrometers, vernier’s, and pin gauges. Required to use a comparator and other testing equipment as assigned.
- Follow and perform testing requirements per written company procedures.
- Collect inspection data and notify Production Team Leader of any discrepancies for the purpose of taking corrective action.
- Stamps mark of approval or rejection on product and writes Non-conformance report of examinations for suspect material
- Communicate requirements to fellow inspectors to maintain consistency for all three shifts
- All other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.